Friday, October 19, 2007

Wise words from a young sage...

I have been pretty ill this past week, so to celebrate my first real night of feeling like a human being again, I went out with my friend Bobby after my shift at Tiny Cup (a cafe where I am currently working). Our plan was to bike to this bar called Goodbye Blue Monday...i think. But instead, due to a private party that was occupying the space, we found ourselves going to a benefit anarchist/activist party/concert right next door. (This information, by the way, is in no way related to the punchline of this story, but is merely intended to set the stage for my friend's wise words.) The party was to benefit an activist named Andy Stepanian who has been sentenced time in jail for "conspiracy" to destroy an animal testing facility called Huntington Life Sciences. (www.andystepanian.com)

Anyway, as Bobby and I sat among the raucous neatly sipping our PBR, we were talking about the different ways guys talk to girls in order to "get in their pants," to which he added:

"We're just sexual creatures! Unless of course you're castrated. Unfortunately, most of us aren't."

Just think about it.

No comments: