Monday, October 22, 2007

Work and Play

So like 75% of my fellow New Yorkers, I have now attained a day job so that in my so-called "spare time," I can further pursue a life of musical creation.

So I no longer will be serving people food for a living. No more getting free drinks and eating burritos and panninis as a reward for all my hard work. And certainly a lot less flirting. I'll be working in a doctor's office and some days with the doctor's three children. How weird to have a Saturday and Sunday off.

On the "play" end of things, I'm doing quite a bit of singing with a few possible new voice students on the line if I'm lucky and have the time to teach.
A play factor I've been wanting to incorporate in my life more is the crafty side of me. I want to make some quilts...and then cuddle with them. or sell them maybe.
I also want a dog...all the time. I see them...all the time, and I get really jealous/sad/angry/confused/jolly, all at once.
But for now, I'm content with how things are settling out one by one. I'm learning to take things in stride even when I think it couldn't get worse.

No comments: