Tuesday, January 29, 2008

sleep, breath

These two things that are the driving forces of our existence have been my new tyrants. The past few weeks have been pregnant with new challenges...and new beginnings. One challenge. Standing up for myself. Result: getting a little more of what I want out of life.
Challenge 2: SLEEP and BREATH. I have not been sleeping. And when I do, it certainly does not leave the impression that what I have just thought about for 2 hours was only dream. Thus, dream and life are blending more and more, and I have some suspicions that the movie "Waking Life" is actually a true story. This I will overcome I am confidant. It is a temporary challenge along the way.

The breath comes in like this. I am short of breath with allergies. I biked from Brooklyn to work on the upper west side the other day and the breath was taken swiftly from my body.

New beginnings: Something is making its way in, like a breath of fresh air, and I can't say much except that its keywords are adventure, wind, trust, and heart. And skipping.

I leave with this thought...that it will leave me when I lay down tonight, and I won't be able to recall the dark until I wake up again.

No comments: